[Samba] 3.5.5, ADS mode, user authentication syntax

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Tue Jul 19 17:09:38 MDT 2011

Nick Dugan wrote:

[SNIP]

> My question is, has this behavior deliberately changed in more modern
> versions of Samba, or am I missing a piece of the configuration
> somewhere? Any pointers in the right direction would be most
> appreciated. smb.conf pasted below.

Yes the behaviour has changed though the concept of using
user at domain.com as a username is something I have never come across
before. It is distinctly un-Windows like and I am astounded it ever worked.

Any way try adding "map untrusted to domain = yes" and see if that
helps. See the smb.conf manual page for details, the behaviour changed
in 3.4

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.