[Samba] Integrate Samba with Active Directory

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Jul 19 12:11:58 MDT 2011

On 07/19/2011 10:05 AM, Bruno Martins - GALILEU LISBOA wrote:
> Hello guys,
>

> I am setting up a Samba server (based on CentOS 5.6) on my company which
> will act as a print and file server. Also, it has dropbox installed.
>

> I have set up everything regarding to CUPS and Samba itself, but I'm not
> being able to integrate my shares with Active Directory.
>

> All I want is that access control to Samba shares is made through Active
> Directory users and their respective passwords, and not through
> Unix-style users and groups. Is this possible?
>

> Some configuration files:
>
> /etc/nsswitch.conf - http://pastebin.com/rPgXSL6G
Bruno,

To start, change this:

   1.
      passwd: files ldap
   2.
      shadow:     files winbind
   3.
      group:      files winbind

To this:

     passwd: files winbind ldap  (Are you using ldap for anything?)
     shadow: files
     group: files winbind

kinit Administrator at GALILEU-F.GALILEU.PT
This should return nothing after entering the password.

Is the join OK? net ads testjoin

Try wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g to see if you get AD users and groups.

If using PAM, is it configured for winbind?
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsysm/article.php/3502441/Join-Linux-to-Active-Directory-With-Winbind.htm

Dale