[Samba] printing = cups issue ....

Tim Kelley tim at c4tech.com
Tue Jul 19 09:16:49 MDT 2011

Using samba 3.4.9 and cups 1.4.3

I have "printing = cups", but for some reason samba is not picking up the cups printers or creating the printers share.

The problem is obviously this, from the samba logs:
[2011/03/28 14:09:43, 0] printing/print_cups.c:103(cups_connect)
Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost:631 - Connection refused

However, cupsd is most certainly listening on localhost:631, and an lpstat -a -h localhost gives a list of printers. Why is samba not able to communicate with it? I've turned off all security measures (apparmor, etc.) but still no.

Tim Kelley
tim at c4tech.com
504-896-8234