[Samba] reading "write list" from a file

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Fri Jul 15 23:13:00 MDT 2011

Hallo, Jeremy,

Du meintest am 15.07.11:

>> for a school server I'd like the option
>>
>>         write list = "/path/to/class-8a-list"
>>
>> for the share [class-8a]
>>
>> Ok - I can work with
>>
>>   [class-8a]

>>         include "/path/to/writelistdefinition.txt"
>>
>> but that's more ugly.

> Well, patches welcome for that :-). Shouldn't be too
> hard, we already have all the infrastructure.

Just an additional wish:

"smb.conf" wants

        write list = Peter Paul Mary Puff

(all in one line).
An included text file is more simple to produce and to maintain in the
form

        Peter
        Paul
        Mary
        Puff

If you (or someone else) adds this kind of list options: may you please
include this kind of separator? Thank you!

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut