[Samba] Proposal to change Samba contribution copyright policy.

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Thu Jul 14 08:29:23 MDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:19:51 -0700
Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> Given this, I'm proposing that we modify our policy slightly
> to allow corporate owned copyright within Samba. Note I'm
> not proposing open season on corporate (C), and we'd still
> prefer to get individual copyright, or assignment to the
> Software Freedom Conservancy (as we have done in the past).

Would these proposed policy changes also apply to ctdb, or just Samba?

The reason I ask is that I'm currently working on a PMDA for ctdb[1]
which is based off some GPLv2+ code with corporate (Silicon Graphics)
copyright assignment. It may be better suited to live outside the ctdb
tree anyway, but thought I'd check.

Cheers, David

[1] Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) Performance Metrics Domain Agent for ctdb
    git://oss.sgi.com/ddiss/ctdb ctdb-1.0.114.2-pmda