[Samba] Build error with Samba 3.5.6

ehillis ehillis at g2ss.com
Wed Jul 13 14:42:59 MDT 2011

In order to "fix" this.. I Editted the Makefile in the source3 directory and
changed the line which says:

LIBNETAPI_LIBS=bin/libnetapi.a

LIBNETAPI_LIBS=bin/libnetapi.a -lintl

-----

This got me to the "next" error..

Linking shared library bin/pam_winbind.so
libintl_bindtextdomain              ../nsswitch/pam_winbind.o
libintl_dgettext                    ../nsswitch/pam_winbind.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
bin/pam_winbind.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So I again editted the Makefile and changed the line which says:

        @$(SHLD) $(LDSHFLAGS) -o $@ $(PAM_WINBIND_OBJ) -lpam \

        @$(SHLD) $(LDSHFLAGS) -o $@ $(PAM_WINBIND_OBJ) -lpam -lintl \

This completed the make..   I realize I'm not a samba developer, so there is
probably a better way to do this, I just didn't see that anyone else replied
to provide a fix this problem, so I went ahead and replied for those that
need a fix.