[Samba] Locking SAMBA ccounts with LDAP backend

Michael Starling mlstarling31 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 08:26:17 MDT 2011

Thanks for the reply. This is what my system-auth looks like now:

Where would you suggest I place the auth pam_winbind.so statement?

auth        required      pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass
auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth        required      pam_deny.so

account     required      pam_unix.so broken_shadow
account     sufficient    pam_localuser.so
account     sufficient    pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account     [default=bad success=ok user_unknown=ignore] pam_ldap.so
account     required      pam_permit.so

password    requisite     pam_cracklib.so try_first_pass retry=3 minlen=8 lcredit=-1 ucredit=-1 dcredit=-1 ocredit=-1
password    sufficient    pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass use_authtok
password    sufficient    pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required      pam_deny.so

session     optional      pam_keyinit.so revoke
session     required      pam_limits.so
session     [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in crond quiet use_uid
session     required      pam_unix.so
session     optional      pam_ldap.so
session     required      pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0027