[Samba] Samba4 - Cannot get quick test to succeed

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jul 10 02:32:52 MDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 08:55 +0100, Mike Howard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently using/testing samba-4.0.0alpha15. I downloaded the tar
> ball, followed the Samba4 HOWTO wiki at
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO and got stuff working
> pretty well. I have experienced issues with GPOs and such and dynamic
> dns and so thought I'd try the current version but I cannot now get
> samba4 to pass quicktest (or any other test).

> As I say, there are no obvious signs as to why it's failing but if I can
> provide something more specific (I'm sure there is something more
> helpful) please let me know.

In need your config.h and smbd -b output, so I can disable the running
of certain tests on systems without some of the libraries Samba3
requires for 'ADS' support (which is what the s3member tests test - the
'Samba3' binaries in an AD domain provided by Samba4).

These failures do not indicate any particular issue with the Samba
codebase, I just need to ensure we skip more tests in this situation.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>