[Samba] Problem using smbusers with samba 3.5.8.1 on AIX 5.2 TL11SP1 system

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Fri Jul 8 23:31:31 MDT 2011

Sorry, correct some typos

-----Message d'origine-----
De : youngjohn04 [mailto:youngjohn04 at 163.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 6 juillet 2011 23:11

From: "GALVAN, Jean-Pierre" <Jean-Pierre.GALVAN at sage.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:08:51 +0000

> Yes I did.
> Here's my smb.conf file (I removed the shared objetcs) :

(snip)

> And here's my smbusers file :
> ____________________________
> root = jpgalvan

You have to specify "workgroup\jpgalvan" style in smbusers file
instead of "jpgalvan".

* After Samba 3.0.8, workgroup\username style was recommended and
  after Samba 3.0.23b, workgroup\username style was required.

Also you have to create *Samba user* for root, a mapped user.

Please set "log level = 3 (or above)" and search "check_ntlm_password"
in your log file if you do not work yet.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>