[Samba] Win7 - Samba 3.5.4 trust relationship

Ivan H Dichev idichev at csc.com
Wed Jul 6 06:56:26 MDT 2011

>Should all this go into
>http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
>?

Unfortunately, after I added [X] flag, we still have the same errors and
Win7 continues to complain for its trust relationship.
To summarize: all machines have policy not to update their passwords. The
password age was extended to 1000000 days.  Didn't help.

Some people report that the machine name in Samba and on the workstation
itself, should be written with same cases - upper or lower only(you
decide). This is not my problem too.

The worst thing is that there are many posts like these below and we don't
have any or single solution... so maybe we see same error for group of
problems..
http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Windows-7-Samba-domain-issues-td2437558.html
http://www.clearfoundation.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,232/catid,18/func,view/id,7361/
(I spoke personally with AndyL .. its not working)

So.. the [X] does not deserve to be on the wiki :)

Ivan