[Samba] Could not build Samba with ADS support on Solaris 10

youngjohn04 youngjohn04 at 163.com
Wed Jul 6 06:33:14 MDT 2011

I tried to build Samba with ADS support, I got error, messages are:

.

checking for ldap_initialize... no

checking whether LDAP support is used... yes

checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... yes

checking for ldap_initialize... (cached) no

configure: error: Active Directory support requires ldap_initialize

I installed Openldap(downloaded from sunfreeware), tried the following
commands, all resulted the same.

$ ./configure --with-ads

$ ./configure --with-ads CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"

$ export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"; ./configure --with-ads

Samba Version: 3.4.13 or 3.5.9, Solaris 10 Sparc or x86_64.

C compiler: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc

I also tried on Redhat Linux 5.5, succeeded, without error.

Anyone have any idea?