[Samba] Question about UNIX users

Артемий Васюков vasiukoff at yandex.ru
Wed Jul 6 04:57:44 MDT 2011

Hello!

I want to use Samba only as authentication server that stores groups and user accounts. With no shares (excluding, of course [netlogon]), no printers...
So, I think that it is do not really need to create UNIX groups and users in my case. Is it possible to work without creating users in UNIX?
I need it for creating user\groups on native language with spaces in names by using usrmgr.exe. Unfortunately, it is impossible to create groupname in UNIX on native language with spaces. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Artem.