[Samba] Tuning OSX samba for WAN vs LAN

Rob LaRose robl at imaginaryforces.com
Tue Jul 5 11:01:20 MDT 2011

Hello my Sambese friends,

Has anyone got info on tuning the SMB client in OSX for connecting to Samba servers across a WAN/VPN?  I get decent performance locally, but when I reach across our VPN link to another site, throughput falls right to garbage when compared with FTP.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

--Rob

Rob LaRose systems administrator
imaginary forces | 530 west 25th street | new york | p 646.486.6868 | www.imaginaryforces.com<http://www.imaginaryforces.com/>

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to <ifpostmaster> postmaster at imaginaryforces.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.

...imaginaryforces.com...