[Samba] Win7 - Samba 3.5.4 trust relationship

Ivan H Dichev idichev at csc.com
Fri Jul 1 05:44:49 MDT 2011

Actually we don't have the [X] flag in Samba. Will do it now and report in
few days if the change has effect.

Thanks Martin!!

From:
Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>
To:
Ivan H Dichev/BGR/CSC at CSC
Cc:
samba at lists.samba.org
Date:
01.07.2011 14:21
Re: [Samba] Win7 - Samba 3.5.4 trust relationship

Am 2011-07-01 13:14, schrieb Ivan H Dichev:

Hi Martin,

Thank for you reply!

We already applied this registry keys, but the problem still persist.

"I've read about similar symptoms when Win7 tries to change its machine
password on every 30 days. Therefore some additional regs were added:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001
"MaximumPasswordAge"=dword:1000000
and this didn't help. I've compared the machine password values on both
LDAP servers - they are same and synchronization is working fine."

Regards

What we did is to join the domain with win7 - set that key afterwards and
restarted.
That was working for us (we have samba 3.5.9 at the moment)

There is an additional option in samba (ldap options for samba):
Sambarefusemachinepwdchange -
maybe set that (via pdbedit or ldap if you have) too.

And - of course ... set the "password never expires" flag at the machine
account in samba

regards