[Samba] Win7 - Samba 3.5.4 trust relationship

Martin Hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Fri Jul 1 05:22:32 MDT 2011

Am 2011-07-01 13:14, schrieb Ivan H Dichev:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Thank for you reply!
>
> We already applied this registry keys, but the problem still persist.
>
> "I've read about similar symptoms when Win7 tries to change its machine
> password on every 30 days. Therefore some additional regs were added:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> "DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001
> "MaximumPasswordAge"=dword:1000000
> and this didn't help. I've compared the machine password values on both
> LDAP servers - they are same and synchronization is working fine."
>
> Regards

What we did is to join the domain with win7 - set that key afterwards
and restarted.
That was working for us (we have samba 3.5.9 at the moment)

There is an additional option in samba (ldap options for samba):
Sambarefusemachinepwdchange -
maybe set that (via pdbedit or ldap if you have) too.

And - of course ... set the "password never expires" flag at the machine
account in samba

regards