[Samba] Basic question for user/pass authentication

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:10:27 MST 2011

at the most basic level a domain is a workgroup with a central auth
server, so yes, you set the samba workgroup to the domain

you can manually maintain linux users, which you will find fiddly and
tedious, or you can join the samba server to the domain as well and
have it use the central auth server too