[Samba] Trouble installing SWAT on a Samba 4 Alpha 13 build onUbuntu Server

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 08:48:44 MST 2011

That was the first thing that I had tried.  I created a share using
smb.conf, then restarted samba.
I can see the share, and navigate down into it from windows.  If I create a
folder and then rick click from a windows machine and do security, I can add
groups, but when I try to save, the changes just disappear.

What is the best way to manage ACL's on the share from a windows machine?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first venture into a Samba 4 AD
environment.  I have used Samba 2/3 i on a workgroup in the past and used
different security schemes.