[Samba] idmap troubles with any version 3.30 or later

Jim Stalewski JStalewski at VisaLighting.com
Fri Jan 21 12:22:02 MST 2011

Michael,

Thanks for the response.  As to the other symlinks question referenced
in this, please disregard.  I believe I have a handle on what is causing
my troubles, and have posted my theory in another thread.  I believe it
has something to do with libnss_winbind.so.2 (or a component thereof)
looking by default for a group called "Domain Users" with an Unix GID,
and only iterating members of said group, instead of simply looking for
users with RFC2307 attributes populated as it used to do pre 3.30.

If that's the case, it would have been nice to have something in a wiki
or help or man page explaining that specific aspect of the change to
idmap functionality, at the very least.

There's still a flaw with that process regardless, which I will follow
in the other thread.

Thanks again,

Jim.