[Samba] SMB2 Negotiate Request

Mike Smith spammi.spamerson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:51:45 MST 2011

Thanks for the reply. I have set "max protocol = smb2" and I can use the
SMB2 protocol fine. I'll try and explain my issue better:

When I say "negotiate request" and I talking about the packets that are
sent between the client and server. The SMB2 protocol is driven by
requests from the client and responses from the server. The very first
packet that is sent from client to server contains a header and a
message (SMB2_NEGOTIATE) that tells the server what dialects of the
protocol the client understands.

When I send this packet the samba server does not respond to it, and I
time out.  Windows 7 responds to this packet as expected.

If I use a SMB packet (instead of SMB2) and use that to negotiate a SMB2
connection, it will work, but what I want to know is if there is a
reason it's not responding the the SMB2 packet as it (apparently) should.

Mike