[Samba] Upgrading samba 3.3.x to 3.5.x old smbpasswd file and domainaccounts

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Jan 17 00:25:54 MST 2011

Hm,
I think the old way having a machine join the domain was at first a entry
even in the passwd file called ex.: notetosh$:x:620:100:Workstation Account
NT:/dev/null:/bin/false
So there need to be a shadow account:
notetosh$:!:13909:1:99999:14:::
This entry are all kept like users. If you make a pdbedit -L -w this entries
are shown as users.
So this entries should be exported as well.
But after all Samba/openldap is the better choice. You only have to export
your ldap database and import it to the next
Samba/openldap and almost ready to run.

Good Luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller