[Samba] SAMBA / CUPS Printserver

Jack Downes jax at nwmt.us
Fri Jan 14 12:40:40 MST 2011

Okay, I've got some progress now.  Have fairly decent printserver
working.  I've been able to reproduce the same postive and negative
results in two physical servers and now (finaly destination) a vmware
server.

What's working:
ADS integration, this is a domain member
Printer driver installation (for a few drivers)
Printer installation / removal
Printing.

What's not working:
Most of the time, it will not let me install new printer drivers.  In
particular I'm not having any luck getting HP's Universal Print Driver
v5.2 to load.

Everything is close, simpler drivers work well.  I'm going to attempt to
get this driver to load on another samba server 3.4.9 and then copy the
tdb information over.  Not sure at all if this will work.