[Samba] ubuntu doesn't daemonize smbd

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Wed Jan 12 23:34:24 MST 2011

Quoting Chris Smith (smb_77 at chrissmith.org):
> OK, not exactly a samba issue but maybe the Ubuntu maintainer reads
> this list and can provide some input.

There is not exactly such thing as "the Ubuntu maintainer". As far as
I can tell (with my Debian package maintainer hat), samba packages in
Ubuntu are taken unchanged from Debian and very few Ubuntu-specific
changes are made (the upstart-related change being one as Debian
doesn't use upstart by default).

This is monitored by Ubuntu server team, also with Steve Langasek (my
co-maintainer for samba in Debian...and Canonical employee, though
he's working on different things for Ubuntu).

I just forwarded your mail to Steve and I think he'll make sure this
reaches the right folks in Ubuntu server team.