[Samba] Solaris 10 winbind authentication with ADS

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Wed Jan 12 14:21:20 MST 2011

Thanks for the replies.
I got this resolved.
    It was case of my eyes not seeing what was in front of my face.  The
solaris upgrade DID replaced my /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1 link with
Solaris's on library of same name.  So I just had to rename that and
recreate my link to the samba compiled libnss_winbind.so file.  This is
how I have the links done in /usr/lib

-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root       50880 Dec 27 13:14 libnss_winbind.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          17 Dec 17 15:29
libnss_winbind.so.1 -> libnss_winbind.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          17 Jan 12 13:58 nss_winbind.so.1
-> libnss_winbind.so

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'