[Samba] Problems changing permissions

Alejandro Gándara Álvarez agandara at optaresolutions.com
Mon Jan 10 05:36:08 MST 2011

Hi all,

A few nights ago, I started with problems changing permission of  groups
called  from Windows workstations. Checking logs I saw this as follows:

-modules/vfs_posixacl.c:349(smb_acl_to_posix)

-smb_acl_to_posix: ACL is invalid for set (Invalid argument)

But if I change them by acls commands from the server there is no problem
and permissions changes right.

I´ve checked all my archives,  blogs forums and read the list looking for
whatever witch can head me to the solution.

I hope someone could help me, and tell me witch information could you need.
Just with an advise could be right at least to know where looking for.

Regards and thanks for all

Álex