[Samba] why the domain administrator has to has uid 0?

William E Jojo w.jojo at hvcc.edu
Mon Jan 10 05:05:54 MST 2011

Look at:

net rpc rights grant username SeMachineAccountPrivilege

This will add users to the account_policy.tdb file with join rights in that domain. When you upgrade or move to another machine, be sure to bring this file along.

Be sure to read Chapter 15 in the Samba HOWTO-Collection for more information.

Cheers,
Bill