[Samba] IIS Change Notifications

Gareth Evans agrath at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 12:26:13 MST 2011

Sorry; exact problems to reproduce

1) Create a guest only share
1a) Make sure the windows box can access the share just using explorer
2) Start ChangeNotifyTestingConsole.exe \\path\to\share -r
2a ChangeNotifyTestingConsole will connect to the share and register for
change notifications, drop the -r if you don't want recursive)
3) Make file system changes (e.g. delete/create/modify/move/copy) on the
path you're watching (either over ssh or on the console of the server)
4) ChangeNotifyTestingConsole.exe will log any notify messages it receives;
Delete/Create logs stuff
Modify/Move/Copy isn't logging anything

I can probably upload a copy of the ubuntu 10.10 / samba 3.5.6 VM if you
need, but I expect you already have a working copy of 3.5.6

Gareth