[Samba] Windows 7 client losing trust with domain

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Jan 7 03:39:10 MST 2011

I had the same Problem, fixed it with this registry-hack:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]

"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\]
“LmCompatibilityLevel”=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]

"Update"="no"
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000000
"MaximumPasswordAge"=dword:0000001e
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001