[Samba] Windows 7 client losing trust with domain

Koji Yanagisawa kyan at umich.edu
Thu Jan 6 14:10:34 MST 2011

Dear Samba,

I'm running Samba 3.3.8 and I have a Windows 7 client that was once able to join
and log in domain users for a while thanks to
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7.  Then after Christmas it's showing
"the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"
and refusing to log in domain users until I removed and rejoined the domain.
I'd say the workstation had been a member roughly one month.  No other
workstation by the same name was ever added to the domain, so that's not it.
I'm a bit flabbergasted this happened.

Is anybody experiencing this?

--Koji