[Samba] Solaris 10 winbind authentication with ADS

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Jan 6 13:49:30 MST 2011

So, no one has a clue here?

------------------------------

Well,
      I did smart thing and upgraded my Solaris box to Solaris 10 update
9.  And now my winbind authentication has broken.  I have checked all my
/usr/lib/*winbind* and /usr/lib/security/*winbind* libs and all are
still good from my last install.  /etc/pam.conf, nsswitch.conf are still
intact.  wbinfo seems to work fine.  getent passwd username just returns
empty.

This is what I'm getting in my /var/samba/log/log.winbindd file:

[2011/01/05 16:04:00.061446,  2]
winbindd/winbindd.c:819(winbind_client_request_read)
   Could not read client request from fd 22: I/O error

Anyone have any ideas what broke?

# ./testparm
Load smb config files from /opt/local/lib/smb.conf
rlimit_max: rlimit_max (256) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
         workgroup = DOMAIN
         realm = DOMAIN.EDU
         interfaces = eri0
         security = ADS
         password server = domain.edu
         log level = 10 winbind:10
         log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m
         max log size = 50
         load printers = No
         utmp = Yes
         idmap backend = rid:DOMAIN=100000-500000
         idmap uid = 100000-500000
         idmap gid = 100000-500000
         template homedir = /home/%U
         template shell = /bin/tcsh
         winbind separator = /
         winbind cache time = 1800
         winbind enum users = Yes
         winbind enum groups = Yes
         winbind use default domain = Yes
         create krb5 conf = No

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'