[Samba] Odd printing issue

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 6 08:25:19 MST 2011

On 1/5/11 11:34 AM, "Tom Ryan" <tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Over the last few days, our users have started experiencing delays in
> printing.
>
> In the log files (for the client), we now see
>
> [2011/01/05 11:12:34.360166,  1]
> libsmb/cliconnect.c:2216(cli_start_connection)
>   cli_start_connection: failed to connect to MACHINENAME<20>
> (::ffff:IPADDRESS). Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>
> As new systems are affected, these errors appear. We get about 7 of them
> (every 10 seconds) and then the print job completes.

I saw Jeremy¹s reply to this on the website (Sorry, I think a spam filter
blocked it).

Anyway, I was wondering if you had an eta on this as its causing us quite a
few issues and we¹d like to resolve it asap (i.e. Whether we wait for the
samba team to address or look into it ourselves).

Thanks Jeremy!

Tom