[Samba] Domain trust between a Samba PDC domain and W2K ADdomain

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:01:32 MST 2011

PS

most of the procedure for setting up trusts is in the docs on the
samba.org site.    The idmap stuff is tricky since the mechanics seem to
change with each samba version.

Once you have set up trusts, you want to make sure that the samba
machine sees the AD users and groups with "wbinfo -u" and "wbinfo -g."
(usually pretty easy to get to this part.)  Then you want to update
nsswitch.conf to make sure "getent passwd" and "getent group" also shows
the AD users.   (this relies on the idmap stuff working.)