[Samba] cant login with my samba password only with my linux password

Hartmut freemlist at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:45:59 MST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Daniel Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de> wrote:
> What about,
> unix password sync = yes instead of no

I like to have two different passwords, one for the shell and one for
samba. So that's not an option.

> Did you try smbclient?

yes, with the same result. If i enter my samba password, i get "Login
failed". After changing with smbpasswd it works. After a reboot, the
same problem, i can't access with my, 5 minutes ago set, samba
password.

> On some OS you need:
> obey pam restrictions = no!?

Tired this, with obey pam = yes and no. Same result. Rebooted after
changing it... Same result... (oh i have rebooted so many times since
the last days)

> How did you add your users?
> First linux? Then samba?

First linux, then samba (does the other order works? i thought a samba
user needs a linux user? whatever)

> did you: smbpasswd user -e

yes, tried this though, same result, can't login with my samba
password... (and yes, i tried it with a reboot too ;) )