[Samba] Need Help Getting Windows XP To Use Samba Properly[Closed]

Wed Jan 5 03:10:12 MST 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 08:48:23AM -0700, Hodges, Robert CTR USAF AFMC 520 SMXS/MXDEC wrote:
> Nope - didn't fix it.  Same error.
>
> But an excellent suggestion though, thanks.

Probably you can't publish them, but have you tried to
analyze a network trace from the Windows client taken by
wireshark on the client? If you can reproduce the problem in
a fresh install far away from your production network, you
might be able to send us the traces. (not sure if this is
remotely realistic....)

Do you have any custom patches in your Samba? And --
skimming over the thread I missed the Samba version
information. I see you're using it on Solaris.  Is this
self-compiled or the SUN-provided version?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9