[Samba] Samba 3.5.6 with Win7 failure (XP works)

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Tue Jan 4 14:59:40 MST 2011

On 1/4/2011 4:35 PM, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> this may be of help
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

Thanks Gaiseric.  FWIW, I *did* look at the wiki first, but
completely ignored the "Developer" section where this is
linked from.  IMO, it is not in the right section :)

At any rate, my problem isn't related to joining a Win7
box to a Samba-served domain, as far as I can tell.  I
am having trouble accessing a Samba share from Windows 7.

I tried the recommended registry modifications from the
wiki and rebooted. No luck.

However ...

I can get things to work if I disable Communications Signing
on the win7 box.  This is not acceptable to our corporate
information security folks though.

That at least pinpoints the problem.  Now I just need to get
Samba to accept communications signing from the client.
I don't see that I am doing anything wrong.

     client signing = mandatory