[Samba] Remote connection to Samba service doesn't work

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Mon Jan 3 14:49:41 MST 2011

>> No, it's not.
>> And as I've said I'm already using Samba shares from a two different
>> servers on my Windows 7. I've already tried to change Windows settings
>> via local policies and registry. No effect. Windows says it can't find
>> the specified network name, smbclient on cygwin can't even open a
>> connection. Just like there's a magical firewall blocking just the
>> samba. There is no single log with my ip in it.
>> Is there any simple way to test the connection itself? By telnet or
>> sending just one packet, perhaps?
>> You can try the host yourself, it's "revik.one.pl", ip 88.198.15.203.

OK
prism# nbtscan -v 88.198.15.203
Doing NBT name scan for addresses from 88.198.15.203

NetBIOS Name Table for Host 88.198.15.203:

Incomplete packet, 227 bytes long.
Name             Service          Type
REVIK            <00>             UNIQUE
REVIK            <03>             UNIQUE
REVIK            <20>             UNIQUE
__MSBROWSE__  <01>              GROUP
WORKGROUP        <1d>             UNIQUE
WORKGROUP        <1e>              GROUP
WORKGROUP        <00>              GROUP

Adapter address: 00-00-00-00-00-00

I would probably lock that down if I were you.