[Samba] Samba4 start error

Santiago DIEZ santiago.diez at quark-systems.com
Sun Feb 27 03:34:53 MST 2011

Hi Peter,

If the install worked fine, then you should be able to run the daemon with:
/usr/local/samba/smbd -- -D
You probably can't call it without the full path because
/usr/local/samba/is not in your path.

If you want to remove a program compiled from source, go back to the source
directory and run
make uninstallbin
make uninstalldat
make uninstallman