[Samba] Samba4 start error

Herczeg Péter h.pjotr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 00:56:28 MST 2011

Dear All,

I would like to ask your help:

I have installed Samba4 by following the steps of Samba4 Wiki Howto to a
Debian Server.

- downloaded via git
- compiled successfully
- make quicktest is ok. (as far as I see during the process, it has written
at the ned: ALL OK)
- install is successful ('install' finished successfully)
- DC provision is successful (get the summary windows at the end, only
notice is to configure phpLDAPadmin)

And the problem is:

going to the next step, I try to start&test, but I get the error message
when executing samba command:
"command not found"

tried to start as service but no success.
if I used the install path in the same way as it written in the HowTo, how
can I check is it running and is able to manage the domain?

Thanks in advance,

Peter