[Samba] Access to a share resource without password

J. L. Cabral jelocabral at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:53:02 MST 2011

Marco tell me:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marco Ciampa <ciampix at libero.it>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Access to a share resource without password
To: "J. L. Cabral" <jelocabral at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 01:07:03PM -0300, J. L. Cabral wrote:
> Dear Marco, I use security=share because I want to give full access to
> everyone in my LAN.
>
> Do you think I'm wrong in this setting ??? What is your opinion ???

Well it is not required to use such configuration. You can just stick with

security = user

and then do something like this:

[freeaccess]
   comment = free access folder
   browseable = yes
   path = /home/freeaccess
   public = yes
   writeable = yes
   create mode = 0644
   force user = adhocuser
   force group = adhocuser

just create such adhocuser into the server disabling it shell access
and then do a:

chown adhocuser /home/freeaccess

PS: bounce to the list this message to discover if I've said something
real wrong...

--

Marco Ciampa