[Samba] problem joining WinXP machine to samba PDC+LDAP environment

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Feb 24 00:13:46 MST 2011

I had a test system running with the same rpms. Did the setup as described
and could not change user passwords and sync things the
way it should to my ldap slave. In the end I recognized I had to run winbind
on the pdc!?
And after all I was missing a real step by step setup. So I returned to
smba/ldap smbldaptools setting up my system in an hour(Master - Master
Repication).
If you can post your editposix setup to me I would try a second time :-)

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24