[Samba] problem joining WinXP machine to samba PDC+LDAP environment

Mike Brady mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Wed Feb 23 11:17:46 MST 2011

Quoting Daniel Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de>:

> " ldapsam:editposix"-Is as I can tell not a good solution whenever I tried
> this it did not
> Work right. And there is nowhere a good and new howto about this feature. No
> description goes into the depth.

> EDV Daniel Müller
>
> Leitung EDV
> Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
> Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
> 72076 Tübingen
>
> Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
> eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
> Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

Daniel

Exactly how did ldapsam:editposix not "work right"?

I thought that the smb.conf man page described things well enough.

I have converted my test set up from using smbldap-tools to using
ldapsam:posixedit and so far it is doing everything that I was using
smbldap-tools for correctly.  I am using the SerNet 3.5.6 RPMs.

Mike