[Samba] Settings ACLS from Windows via member server

Mark Dieterich mkd at cs.brown.edu
Tue Feb 22 12:23:32 MST 2011

> Do you have acls set on the file system for the member servers? Winbind
> is for authentication purposes, not files system acls.

Yes, I can set acls on the linux side without problems.  In fact, I can
set acls from a Windows client on the same file system, if I connect to
the share via our PDC rather than a member server.  We can only support
this for testing, because the throughput of the PDC couldn't keep up
with clients.

Mark