[Samba] help migrating from file server to NAS w/ Active Directory

Jim Dory jdory at nomealaska.org
Wed Feb 16 18:52:05 MST 2011

  To boil this down a bit, maybe my problem is that my domain users on
the old server are for instance jimd, and on the new NAS they show up as
Domain+jimd. Or in this example, CN+jimd. So if I try to move files to
the NAS, it doesn't recognize those users (without the prefix CN+) as
users. The getent command on the old server has users uids in the 10,000
range. On the NAS, they are in the 30,000 range, even though it got the
users from the AD server. So perhaps I need a way to get things to match up?

thx, Jim

--
Jim Dory
Engineering