[Samba] Problem with trust relationship

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 06:25:04 MST 2011

> Hi everyone. Applying the registry patch and readding the machines in
> the domain seems to work on windows XP, but not for vista or 7. In
> fact, i cannot add the machine in the domain again with those versions
> of windows. it gives me that "remote procedure call failed" error.
> There is any new ideas that i should try? I'm getting crazy over here

The weird thing is when I had trust relationship problems with my
windows 7 machines this did not cause any kind of crash on the client.
The only effect seen on the client was the user could not logon. On
the samba side I saw in the logs evidence that the machine account was
being rejected. You are showing us Client side crashes of the
workstation service I have never had in the 10+ years I have used
samba as a domain controller and fileservers on my network at work.

Also is anything showing up on your samba logs that can help debug this?

--
John M. Drescher