[Samba] Problem with trust relationship

Leonardo Carneiro chesterman86 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:20:05 MST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:32 AM,  <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:

> [...]

As recommended in the link, i'd set the the following:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
 DisablePasswordChange = dword:1
"MaximumPasswordAge = 1000000"

in some machines to test. At first, it seems to solve the problem in
the windows xp machines, but after a while some clients start to show
the same problem again. It had no effect in Windows Vista and 7
machines.

My samba is configured to act as a Wins Server.

Here is the error that occurs when i try to run the wizard:
http://img140.imageshack.us/i/capturezo.png/

The text in the box is the following:

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_Lanm_80bd52c3108cb58e777eac405860db8a5dca280_cab_0af31c3e\WER11D2.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_Lanm_80bd52c3108cb58e777eac405860db8a5dca280_cab_0af31c3e\WER1231.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_Lanm_80bd52c3108cb58e777eac405860db8a5dca280_cab_0af31c3e\WER1BA5.tmp.mdmp