[Samba] mount -F smbfs

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Wed Feb 9 16:37:51 MST 2011

2011/2/9 Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de>:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:40:49AM +0900, TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:
>> 2011/2/8 Hosam Al Ali <a.hosam at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > plz if u have any idea about mount windows share inside Solaris10 OS with
>> > mount -F smbfs or mount -F cifs
>>
>> mount.cifs is a successor of  mount.smbfs and mount.smbfs
>> is no longer supported after Samba 3.2.0. So you should
>> use mount.cifs.
>
> That's true for Linux, I'm not so sure about mount.cifs on
> Solaris.

Sorry, I forgot it's a Solaris 10 question.

For Solaris 10, I think Sharity-Light is available:
  http://www.obdev.at/products/sharity-light/

But it's an old product and has security problem that Sharity-Light cannot use
other than plain text password.

In Solaris, it seems that there is another CIFS system:
  http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19963-01/821-1449/6nmechs5a/index.html

But I do not know the detail and it's available in Solaris 10 or not.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>