[Samba] samba policies? logon scripts?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:25:06 MST 2011

pdbedit lets you set the login script and various "windows" variables
for each user.   smb.conf sets the netlogon share path.    The actual
syntax of a login script is for of a windows question.   I would look at
(or google for) the Microsoft documentation on this.    You should be
able to have if/then statements to map things differently depending on
primary group membership.

# pdbedit -Lv someuser
Logon Script:         logon.bat
Home Directory:       \\server1\users\someuser
HomeDir Drive:

#
# cd /export/samba/netlogon

# more logon.bat