[Samba] samba policies? logon scripts?

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Wed Feb 9 08:23:17 MST 2011

2011/2/9  <fdelval at rojatex.com>:
> Kind of dificult, dark, and poorly documented task, isnt it?
>
> While i found docens of samba config manuals and examples, i cant find
> info about a logon script.
> I had to get the poledit.exe from a Service Pack from w2000...
>
> too much complexity for placing a desktop shortcut.
>
> Is this the only way?

To create logon script and NTconfig.pol is basically the work on Windows side.
At the view of Samba, to create NETLOGON share and to put NTconfig.pol already
created on Windows is the only work about system policy.

Also to specify the name of logon script in smb.conf and putting
proper logon script
to proper path is about logon script.

Basically you had better search these topics into Windows documents.
Remember that
system policy is suitable for NT4, so you should search in old docs.

> Oh, and Takahashi, i had an unanswered question from my last doub. Would
> you be kind to answer here even if its not the topic?
>
> I can only "automatically map"
> unix admins - nt domain admins
> unix users - nt domain users
>
> the other groups i create, must be added manually in each windows client
> to each DOMAIN/unix-group, right?

If you can use GPO, you can add any domain groups to local groups automatically.
But unfortunately Samba 3 domain does not support GPO.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>