[Samba] Freebsd pdc

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Mon Feb 7 07:56:27 MST 2011

On 02/06/2011 06:30 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 7 February 2011 09:32, Eric Shubert<ejs at shubes.net>  wrote:
>>
>> Terry was asking about roaming profiles specifically, not a stock pdc.
>>

> My bad ; I had missed that part.
>
> Having roaming profile these days is something you get to live without.
>
> We had a user who installed iTunes on his machine and copied GB of
> music. Logging-out would take 30+ minutes because it was transferring
> each time the content of his My Documents back to the server.
>
> JY

That's exactly the problem. By changing the stock MS configuration (via
policies) to put MyDocuments on the server, this problem is remedied.
When all of the appropriate folders are thus configured, saving settings
to the server (part of the logoff process) takes 5 seconds or so. It's
an amazing difference.

--
-Eric 'shubes'