[Samba] bind9 dlopen/dlz problems [update]

Marcel Ritter Marcel.Ritter at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Feb 7 00:28:16 MST 2011

Hi,

just a short update on this issue:

By using strace and having a look at the source code, I found the
reason for the named error:

Accessing samba database via ldapi requires the use of ildap.so
(samba ldb module, which is not located in "standard ldb modules
path"). Just setting LDB_MODULES_PATH to the directory containing
it makes named start:

export LDB_MODULES_PATH=/usr/lib/samba/ldb/
named -u named
-> startup complete

So it wasn't my first suspect "ldap uri":
     ldapi:///var/lib/samba4/private/ldap_priv/ldapi
     ldapi://%2Fvar%2Flib%2Fsamba4%2Fprivate%2Fldap_priv%2Fldapi

This leaves me with the task to finally get some DNS entries into the
samba database :-)

Bye,
   Marcel