[Samba] wbinfo ok, but getent nothing

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:29:06 MST 2011

On 6 February 2011 01:38, TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com> wrote:

> Have you installed nss_winbind.so.1 to /usr/local/lib or other proper path?

This is from the samba ports ; and yes it is installed in the proper place.

Also, as mentioned in my previous post, when winbind is compiled with
-DDEBUG_NSS I can see the debugging information showing when running
getent ; so I'm guessing it is properly loaded and found

When I run getent, the debug information found in winbind are displayed
like
# getent passwd
[22522]: endpwent
[22522]: endpwent returns NSS_STATUS_SUCCESS (1)

Anything else I've overlooked?

Thanks
JY